Sunday, April 7, 2013

I have never blogged before and I am typically not a person that divulges personal information in a public forum.  However, recently and quite frankly my entire life literally changed overnight.  I woke up one Sunday and had no use of my left side.  I have a brain tumor and some cancer.  I am a little overwhelmed and a little terrified however I intend to treat this with a well used and sometimes bad sense of humor.  Warning.  I will make terrible jokes at my own expense but if you want to know about it I'm going to lay it out right here.  I am tired and on steroids so swollen and lazy like a blood engorged tick.  Yesterday so much hair fell out that I reminded myself of one of those really overacted bad runny mascara movie scenes that are so fantastic in black and white.  Maniacal laughter ensued.  I have for three years worked religiously to maintain a certain weight.  Fuck it.  I'm going to eat what I want right now.  Whenever I want it and for once not worry if rocky road is going too far.  Next week I might not be able to eat at all.  I made the decision to come home to my momma for treatment, as I am alone with my children normally and they are too young to drive me to treatment.  Hahaha.  I am happy with this decision even though it means we are not together during the week.  This is the only part I hate.  Being away from them daily and worried they are at least okay with the decision.  I miss friends too, but I have my momma and about a million family members to rely on and hey, they love me.  I have been in radiation for two weeks and it itches but its actually kind of cool and could turn me into spiderman. So hey I'll do it.  I find out what the rest of the plan is tomorrow.  After that.  We will see.  There is way more but its late and I'm on lots of medications that by the way completely destroy your bowel schedule. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment